Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tool #2: Building Community in the Online Environment

I had never heard of a PLN (Personal Learning Network) so it was interesting to read and learn exactly what that consist of. I like how you can leave a "footprint," as one of the speakers on the video called it, on each blog. I am extremely interested in furthering my career and I believe learning and growing with fellow educators is the best way to accomplish this. I really enjoyed browsing through blogs on Diigo.com, especially when I specifically searched "Social Studies Kindergarten," because this is the subject I plan for my team. I had the opportunity to read and respond to many creative ideas and it felt as though I was sharing this with an extended team. I will definitely use this site in the future (Diigo.com) and look forward to becoming an active member.

1 comment:

  1. The PLN was new for me, also. I am not as comfortable with the "footprint" idea, but it is a great way to get new ideas.

    ReplyDelete